DO NOT HIT GOLF BALLS
a full-length play by Shawn Fisher
Calvin is a tired and broken former bus driver who wants nothing more than to retire in peace. But when the bones of twelve Mexican migrants are discovered in the Arizona desert, he is forced to recount the night that changed his life. As the sweltering summer days pass for the people of the US-Mexico Borderlands, the truth is revealed and life and death in the desert become intertwined. This play is inspired by actual news reports and interviews conducted by Fusion Theatre Project company members on both sides of the US-Mexico border.
- Developed and Produced by Fusion Theatre Project at the Caine Lyric Theatre in Logan, UT, directed by Adrianne Moore and Shawn Fisher
- Produced at the Los Angeles Theatre Center as part of the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival.
- Off-Broadway staged reading at The Spanish Repertory Theatre (AEA) in New York, Directed by Adrianne Moore.
- Produced at Salt Lake Acting Company (AEA) as part of the Fearless Fringe Festival
- KCACTF Comendation for Achievement in New Play Development
- METLife Nuestras Voces National Playwriting Award Finalist.
- David M Cohen Playwriting Award nominee.
- Rosa Parks Playwriting Award for social justice nominee.
"...a landscape of heartbreak...plus the laugh-out-loud, subtext-rich dialogue." - Salt Lake Tribune
Off-Broadway Staged Reading